Loan Guide (Closing)
Providence, Rhode Island and Charlotte, North Carolina
In case you’re wondering WTF a Loan Guide is, it’s kind of like a loan officer — except nothing like one at all.
Being a Beeline Loan Guide is all about building a relationship with the customer, which may last for weeks, and being right there with them from the moment they confirm and lock their loan — all the way up to closing.
It’s not a transactional relationship. You don’t see the customer as a walking commission check but someone who wants to celebrate the thrill of a new house or the freedom a refi can bring.
The customer isn’t handed over like a hot potato along a conveyor belt, but they’re yours to carefully, sensitively get to closing. You’ve got their back and you’re taking the weight off their shoulders, so they can enjoy the good stuff.
But it’s easier said than done…
Our radically new way to apply and close is not like you’re used to, and the way someone experiences their Beeline Tracker and their relationship with you, their very own Loan Guide isn’t what you’re probably familiar with, so you need to be flexible and open-minded and progressive.
The Approvals Loan Guide will steer the person to a Purchase or Refi Ready Approval and beyond there, will help them choose and confirm their loan. From there, they’ll tag you into it and you’ll be the customer’s guardian angel right up to closing day, so they can enjoy it.
Your primary objective is interfacing with the customer and combining with the tracker to keep them up to date, so they’re never wondering. You’ll steer them through any outstanding issues, which are elegantly handled in their Beeline Tracker, not over old school email. You’ll oversee appraisal and title and get them ‘Closing-Ready’ or Clear to Close, with ease, not the protracted BS they may have experienced before. You’ll take them from there right up to closing day and have a little fun along the way.
Loan Guides are the most important people in Beeline. You’re the face of Beeline and a seamless extension of the voice and brand you experience on our site. We can make fancy technology and AI etc (which we do) but Loan Guides must embody our tone and values — informal, approachable, inclusive, yet knowledgeable, responsive and playful.
The traits we’re looking for in a Beeline Loan Guide
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Great communication in all channels — you’re directly available on phone, email, SMS and chat.
- Ability to multitask and be comfortable at high pace.
- Able to focus on the present moment.
- Be well organized and clear thinking.
- Be quick on your feet and able to keep calm and solve unforeseen problems. Like we said, you take the weight off the customer’s shoulder — you don’t add to it.
- You’re more warm and less slick and polished.
- Great math, written and spoken skills. What’s 12 squared? If you need a calculator then it’s not looking good for you. ‘They’re’ or their’ — you’ll need to know the difference.
- We like it if you have hospitality experience. It means you’re responsive, can multitask and juggle things and indicates that you’re warm and nice!
- You’re tech savvy and progressive, so you can learn our CRM instead of some old school pipeline report. You understand the massive difference between our product and those you’re familiar with. You don’t wig out with tech — you’re at home with it.
- Deep knowledge of underwriting regulations.
- A working proficiency in home loans (don’t worry if you haven’t worked as a loan officer, you can start as a Loan Guide Assistant and develop into a Loan Guide and beyond).
How you're paid
You'll have a solid base with a variable which is based on what the customer wants — responsiveness and a great and satisfying experience (yes we measure these things). That way, you’ll be aligned with the customer instead of getting all transactional on their ass. They don’t want that. Do you like pushy sales people?
One other thing, you’ll like the ratio of base to variable. We need people to be strongly incentivized to deliver ‘word of mouth worthy’ customer experience, but not feel like they’re living hand to mouth. So that’s another way we’re flying in the face of the rest of the industry.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Vision insurance (starting 1/1/2021).
- Life & disability insurance.
- 10 days of personal/sick time per year - available upon starting.
- 3 weeks of vacation time per year accrued per pay period.
- If you’re not licensed yet, Beeline will pay for you to be.
We’re a super experienced global team of innovators from the startup and finance worlds. We’re transforming the entire home loan experience so fear, uncertainty and the power imbalance between lender and buyer are replaced with respect, peace of mind and excitement.
We’ll know we’ve succeeded when it no longer feels daunting — but feels less important than your housewarming party. And if we’ve really succeeded, it’ll even be fun. That’s the real moonshot.
Beeline is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
How to apply
Email us at [email protected] and in 100 words tell us why you’ll be a great Beeline Loan Guide and attach your resume.