Loan Guide Assistant
Providence, Rhode Island and Charlotte, North Carolina
We’re looking for kick-ass Loan Guide Assistants to work with our Loan Guides to make radically good home loan experiences.
If you're currently wondering WTF a Loan Guide is, they're kind of like loan officers - except nothing like one at all.
So what does that mean? And how do Loan Guide Assistants fit into the puzzle?
A Loan Guide’s relationship with the customer begins from the moment they get their Purchase-Ready or Refi-Ready approval (like a pre-approval except more reliable and sophisticated) right up ‘til closing.
Your role as a Beeline Loan Guide Assistant is all about helping Loan Guides build that relationship with the customer by reviewing documents, tracking conditions and providing Loan Guides information proactively so the customer never feels uncertain.
Our relationship with our customer is not transactional, and they aren’t handed over like a hot potato along a conveyor belt either. We don’t see the customer as a walking commission check but someone who wants to celebrate the thrill of a new house or the freedom a refi can bring. Creating a relaxed and comfortable customer experience is the goal.
The Loan Guide Assistant works behind the scenes, handling tasks prior to and after underwriting review to help the Loan Guide take the weight off the customer’s shoulders and have their back all the way to closing. Knowing how to review documents to fill conditions or meet secondary market requirements would make you stand out.
But it’s easier said than done…
Our radically new way to apply and close is not like you’re used to, and the way someone experiences their Beeline Tracker and their relationship with you, their very own Loan Guide isn’t what you’re probably familiar with, so you need to be flexible and open-minded and progressive.
As a Loan Guide Assistant you don’t need to be a certified loan officer, and there are opportunities to grow into a Loan Guide role. What’s important is that you embody our tone and values — informal, approachable, inclusive yet knowledgeable, responsive and playful.
The traits we’re looking for in a Beeline Loan Guide Assistant
- Emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Great communication with your team and those outside Beeline.
- Ability to multitask and be comfortable at high pace.
- Able to focus on the present moment.
- Be well organized and clear thinking; not easily distracted or flustered.
- Be quick on your feet and able to keep calm and solve unforeseen problems.
- Great math, written and spoken skills. What’s 12 squared? If you need a calculator then it’s not looking good for you. ‘They’re’ or their’ — you’ll need to know the difference.
- We like it if you have hospitality experience. It means you’re responsive, can multitask and juggle things, and indicates that you’re warm and nice!
- You’re tech savvy — meaning you’ll be comfortable with learning our CRM and can understand the massive difference between our product and the old school reports you might be familiar with.
- 2+ years of experience in mortgage processing. You don’t need prior experience as a ‘loan officer’ for this role. We champion our Loan Guide Assistants to grow into Loan Guides and beyond.
- Understand regulatory requirements involved in mortgage originations.
- Experience with writing to multiple investor guidelines is a plus.
How you're paid
You’ll have a solid base with a variable which is based on quality of your work, efficiency and ability to work in a team environment. We don’t believe in pushy sales tactics and boiler rooms (does anyone actually enjoy that?) — we believe in rewarding authentic people who create satisfying and overall non-stressful home loan experiences.
Another thing we also believe in is a good ratio of base to variable. We need people to be incentivized to deliver an awesome customer experience, but not feel like they’re living hand to mouth. That’s another way we’re kicking outdated, pressure-room tactics to the curb.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Vision insurance (starting 1/1/2021).
- Life & disability insurance.
- 10 days of personal/sick time per year - available upon starting.
- 3 weeks of vacation time per year accrued per pay period.
We’re a super experienced global team of innovators from the startup and finance worlds. We’re transforming the entire home loan experience so fear, uncertainty and the power imbalance between lender and buyer are replaced with respect, peace of mind and excitement.
We’ll know we’ve succeeded when it no longer feels daunting — but feels less important than your housewarming party. And if we’ve really succeeded, it’ll even be fun. That’s the real moonshot.
Beeline is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
How to apply
Email us at [email protected] and in 100 words tell us why you’ll be a great Beeline Loan Guide Assistant and attach your resume.